December 22, 2017
Busiest travel day across the country
Grande Prairie, Alta – With today being one of the busiest travel days at airports across the country, Grande Prairie Airport would like to remind travellers to be prepared and patient during their trip.
Inclement weather or delays at a connecting or destination airport may affect your flight status – check your flight status often online or on flight information screens along your trip.
Here are some quick tips to help travellers prepare:
- Arrive early – Unpredictable weather and an increase of passengers can cause delays so be sure to give yourself plenty of time.
- Hold the wrapping paper – Wait until you arrive at your destination to wrap gifts as wrapped packages may cause delays through security.
- Be prepared for security screening – Have your documentation ready, belt and shoes removed, laptop removed from its case and liquids visible. Visit Canadian Air Transport Security Authority’s (CATSA) website for helpful information and checklists on what you can pack and where it should be packed: catsa-acsta.gc.ca
- Check-in early – Save time by checking-in as early as 24 hours prior to your departure to choose your seats, print your boarding passes and pay for checked luggage. Check your airline’s website for more information.
- Know your baggage allowances – Luggage allowance policies are set by each airline and restrictions can include weight, number of bags permitted, as well as size and number of carry-on items permitted on-board. Check with your airline prior to your flight.
If you are travelling with a pet, let your airline know in advance and tell the security screening officer when you are at the airport.