The Grande Prairie Airport is dedicated to providing fully accessible facilities, the Airport Terminal Building was designed to create a barrier free environment for persons with disabilities.
Passengers with special needs can contact the Grande Prairie Airport administration office at email@example.com with any questions about the services and amenities listed below between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. We encourage everyone who requires special assistance to inform their airline and pre-arrange ground transportation for their specific needs.
- Accessible parking stalls are available in the long term parking lot and curbside.
- Designated curbside areas are available in front of the Airport Terminal Building for dropping off and picking up passengers.
Arrival and Check-in
- Dedicated passenger parking areas located close to the Airport Terminal Building
- Automatically controlled doors into both Departures and Arrivals
- Curbside drop off of passengers available.
- Check-in counters with writing surfaces for those using a wheelchair.
- Our Customer Service representatives are here to assist customers with directions and answer questions in the Airport Terminal Building. You can easily find them at the Customer Service Desk
- Braille signage is located at washroom entrances and there is doorless entry washrooms available.
- The Airport Terminal Building is equipped with large signage in contrasting colors.
- Washroom facilities are located in all passenger service areas including some doorless entry washrooms and automatic door entry washroom located in arrivals.
- All washrooms have wheelchair accessible stalls, automated soap and hand towel dispensers, support bars and waist receptacles at appropriate heights for wheelchair accessibility.
- Telephones water fountains are all wheelchair accessible.
- TTY phone is located in near the car rental agent booths.
Service Animal Relief Area
- Service animal relief area is located outside the arrivals doors to the south of the building. This landscaped area is signed and equipped with waste bags and receptacles.
- The Grande Prairie Airport website www.grandeprairieairport.com has been made fully accessible for your convenience. To turn of the many accessible features, click on the blue person icon located at the bottom right of the Grande Prairie Airport website. You will be able to choose many features to make viewing our website more suited for your needs.
Other Accessibility Features
- Baggage belts are equipped with belt start-up alarms and flashing lights.
- Wheelchair available for use in the Airport Terminal Building through the Customer Service Desk.
- Elevators provide assess to the second floor Viewpoint Restaurant, observation area and administration office.
Passengers who need special assistance may be able to have an aide, family member or other escort help them through the pre-board screening checkpoint and to their boarding gate.
Please contact your airline directly for more information about escort passes for parents of unaccompanied minors or those who need extra assistance.
Escort passes are issued by your airline upon check-in at the airport. If using online or mobile check-in, please proceed to your airline customer service counter to request an escort pass.
Escorts will need picture identification and will be processed through pre-board screening.
For more information, Canadian Transportation Agency -